Tuesday 23 February 2016

Leila Week 8

This week's writing stimulus was the words: green, dancer, swimming, gas, and likely

I was cleaning the attic when I found a pendant. It was shaped like a hot air balloon . I put it on and  was transported to a  new world where green gum drops grow on strawberry licorice trees and houses were made of gingerbread.   I realised I was most likely in  the world of the Nutcracker.  I walked on and I saw the swans swimming in a lake. that had gas bubbles that smells like candy canes. and it also had ballet dancer sitting in the most beautiful diamond tutu and leotard.  I took off the pendant to give to the dancer but  I was back in the attic

4 comments:

  1. Lovely concept in the pendant. Would like to have your character explore its use and maybe it's history and who had it before. Nicely started

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful use of the prompt this week Leila. This is going on the showcase!

    Mrs Skinner (UK)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, especially with choosing to explore "time travel"; it can be tricky to restrict yourself to only 100 words. The land of the Nutcracker "where green gum drops grow on strawberry licorice trees" sounds amazing and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leila,
    I really love your creativity here!...Well done!

    ReplyDelete